[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  francois dot parent at us dot tel dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hardware set up question for m0n0wall standard PC configuration
 Date:  Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:32:58 -0400
The vonage site has a help section for the cisco 186
http://vonage.com/help.php?category=40&nav=4
You will be able to find what ports to open.

http://vonage.com/help.php?article=152&category=40&nav=4

> > The linksys is simply a router with 1 wan port and 4 lan ports. The
> > Vonage unit is a Cisco 186 device (1 lan port, 1 phone port). This
> > unit is currently attached to one of the lan port of the linksys
> > router.

> > Cable modem -> m0n0 -> switch -> Cisco 186 -> phone line

Vonage http://vonage.com/help.php?article=88&category=40&nav=4
Vonage Note: This configuration does not allow the Phone Adapter to
prioritize your voice traffic.  The Quality of Service option requires
the phone adapter to be connected in front of your router.

> > I want to use m0n0 to give a higher priority to the VoIP packets.
> > Someone has suggested to research the VoIP threads on m0n0 and I'll
> > do that.

M0n0wall does traffic shaping. Look into this if you have issues with
call quality