[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Benjamin" <john at thebenjs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal questions
 Date:  Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:05:57 -0700
After configuring captive portal on v1.11 (soekris 4511) I wanted to get
some feedback from others on these questions I have.  Thanks very much! John

1) I found that had to add explicit ip address(es) for DNS servers in the IP
Pass-through of Captive Portal for success.  Is this the expected
configuration?  If it is the proper config, then it means that the http
request has to be resolved first for the captive portal page to load, and I
don't really understand why this is the case.  Can anyone explain this to
me?

2) When I assigned a Static IP to the WAN port (a /24, fwiw) I had only
intermittent success with captive portal working.  I believe that this is
directly related to the DNS question above because when I change the WAN
config to DHCP it works.

3) From my searching of previous posts I understand that adding images to
the captive portal splash page requires an external server.  Is there
nowhere in the local file system to add the 1kb graphic I want on the splash
page?