[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jay Johnson <tiorajay at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DHCP on Bridged Interfaces
 Date:  Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:05:40 -0700
I have a 5 monowalls on Soekris 4801's very stable devices.  I ran
into my first issue.  Nothing major, i can take care of it simply by
setting up a Hub or simple routing.

My Setup is

[---- WAN (sis0)---] [---- LAN (sis1)---] [---- WIFI (sis2)---]

I bridged the sis2 to the LAN and plugged in a linksys WAP54G V2 so we
could get 802.11g wireless.  Everything works fine, there is a
computer that is plugged into the LAN(sis1) port via a crossover
cable.  Then the problem lies on the Sis2 port.  It works fine, i can
access the the network and get thru the monowall, however dhcpd does
not appear to be listening on sis2 wont renew an ip address.  It works
fine on the LAN port.

Like I said not a big deal, many ways around it, but i was wondering
if maybe that should be a feature in the future to be able to bind
DHCP to multiple interfaces or possibly have dhcpd running w/ a range
of address's for each port.

Input is appreciated.

Thanks

Jay Johnson