[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP on Bridged Interfaces
 Date:  Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:24:29 -0400
On 8/13/05, Jay Johnson <tiorajay at gmail dot com> wrote:

> My Setup is
>
> [---- WAN (sis0)---] [---- LAN (sis1)---] [---- WIFI (sis2)---]
>
> I bridged the sis2 to the LAN and plugged in a linksys WAP54G V2 so we
> could get 802.11g wireless.

for control reasons, I wouldn't bridge the AP to the LAN (though it
sounds like your LAN is just one machine anyway), but rather give it
its own subnet.

> Everything works fine, there is a
> computer that is plugged into the LAN(sis1) port via a crossover
> cable.  Then the problem lies on the Sis2 port.  It works fine, i can
> access the the network and get thru the monowall, however dhcpd does
> not appear to be listening on sis2 wont renew an ip address.  It works
> fine on the LAN port.

Can't say that I've tried it, but it should work.  Someone else
reported DHCP not working over an unfiltered bridge just today, I
believe.  You seeing anything getting dropped in your firewall log?

-Chris