[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Goodyear <me at jrob dot net>
 To:  Chris Bagnall <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SIP wierdness?
 Date:  Sat, 13 Aug 2005 10:48:48 -0700
On Aug 12, 2005, at 2:22 PM, Chris Bagnall wrote:

> I've been doing some research this evening whilst trying to get SIP
> working
> reliably over NAT through a client's asterisk server. The aim was
> to try and
> work out exactly how wide a port range needs to be open for enough RTP
> streams for their needs.

I use 10000 through 20000 only because that's what seems to be
recommended. I'm pretty sure it's only four ports per call (channel);
are you trying to only open a very small range instead of the full
recommended range?

There's a control port and a data port, and I *think* it's
unidirectional, thus the four ports.

Can you start a couple calls while sniffing with ethereal (or just
turn on the log on those ports on m0n0)?

I'd love to see what you come up with!

-Rob.