[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  IPSec Filtering
 Date:  Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:02:22 +0100
One of our VoIP -> PSTN providers has recently started offering SIP over
IPSec tunneling to their servers. I've used IPSec in the past on m0n0 to
link remote sites together, but in all cases I've wanted the remote network
to be as completely accessibly to the primary network as possible, so no
filtering of traffic within the tunnel.

However, if we're going to try IPSec to a provider's network for SIP
traffic, we don't want to expose the whole local network to the provider -
merely the asterisk box traffic is coming from (and even then, only limited
ports). Does m0n0 support filtering rules on IPSec tunnels? If so, may I ask
where, and if not, are there any alternatives worth trying?

Thanks in advance folks.

Regards,

Chris