[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <francois dot parent at us dot tel dot com>
 To:  <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Hardware set up question for m0n0wall standard PC configuration
 Date:  Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:33:03 -0500
The linksys is simply a router with 1 wan port and 4 lan ports. The Vonage unit is a Cisco 186
device (1 lan port, 1 phone port). This unit is currently attached to one of the lan port of the
linksys router.

I finally understand that m0n0 will replace my router and that I need a switch behind it. The setup
will be something like this:

Cable modem -> m0n0 -> switch -> Cisco 186 -> phone line

I want to use m0n0 to give a higher priority to the VoIP packets. Someone has suggested to research
the VoIP threads on m0n0 and I'll do that.

Thanks,
Francois