[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NAT bug - reaching LAN AP from internet
 Date:  Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:20:24 -0400
> This is happend with all AP (not only ovislink, also asus, planet)
> Anyway, ...just received same problem from czech users in czech :-) and they
> are using compex AP.. ...its strange because its happening only in
> AccesPointrs. ...if router there is no problem... ...but why routers reach
> also AP...its drive me crazy..
> pet.

It's not a m0n0wall bug, I'm telling you, the AP's don't have the
right default gateway on them.  There's nothing different from opening
a port to an AP than there is to a PC, or router, or anything else.
Fix the gateways on your AP's and they'll work.  At least check them
and let us know (that I'm almost certainly right...).  Don't be like
every other idiot on this list and question me til you're blue in the
face, and then when you actually try what I originally suggested, what
do you know it works!!!  </rant>

Sorry, I get real damn tired of people brushing off my answers when
they're right!  It's starting to happen at least once a week.

-Chris