[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Dugas" <paul at dugas dot cc>
 Subject:  Contivity 100
 Date:  Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:49:54 -0400 (EDT)
So, I finally got time to look back at getting m0n0 on a Contivity 100
doorstop that I've had lying around for some time now.  I had a brain fart
WRT  disabling the watchdog timer but after taking another look this
morning, got it figured out.  (Thanks Mark).

The steps to get my Contivity 100 running m0n0 were:

  - Cut the J14 watchdog jumper to disable it
  - Add a 32MB stick of RAM
  - burn the generic-pc 1.2b9 image to the CF card
  - booted and connected to 192.168.1.1 on the switch side
  - restored the config from my Soekris 4801

That's it.  Pretty cool.  Went ahead and put it in service at the house to
see how it runs over some time.  Will likely use it to tinker with
site-to-site VPNs and such.

Thanks to all for the nudges in the right direction.

Paul

--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas dot cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park