[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] bandwidth
 Date:  Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:08:09 -0400
> Hi!
>
> I wan't to buy Soekris net4801 board. But i need some info how much
> bandwidth can handle with monowall bridge FW. Behind the bridge will be
> 4 servers.

I push a constant 2-3 Mb of Internet bandwidth, with peaks of up to 15
Mb and extended periods at 6-10 Mb, through a 4801 setup for bridging.
 It's not maxed out at that either.

To be reasonable, I wouldn't attempt to push more than a constant
15-20 Mb through a 4801, though it can probably do more like 35-45 Mb.
 If you're pushing that much Internet bandwidth, you should go for,
and have the budget for, something faster.

-Chris