[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Stephen Ronan <listsubs0506 at comcast dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Upgrading... the basics??
 Date:  Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:32:54 -0400
Hi
I'm running 1.2b7 off a CD and floppy and hoping to upgrade to 1.2b9.
There are likely to be maybe a few dozen users on a WiFi network at the
time with IP addresses obtained through DHCP.
To upgrade, do I just go to "Reboot System", select "Yes" to reboot and
then quickly swap the new CD in for the old one, or what would be the
recommended method? Is there anything I can do to minimize disruption to
users at the time (who can't be easily notified ahead of time... there's
no captive portal in use and they're fairly dispersed) like maybe set a
very short lease time for a while prior to rebooting?
 Thanks,
   - Steve