[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Smith <dave at smiff dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Setting up m0n0wall!
 Date:  Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:55:17 +0100
Hi there!

I have a m0n0wall box running, and ready to roll - with a dynamode modem
(as reccomended by some users here for use with the configuration I
have), and an ADSL line from Zen Internet - however, i've just recieved
all of the details from Zen, and its confused me a little - i've never
had to set up a LAN using static IP's before (or at least, not static
WAN ip's)...

Basically, they've given me a range of static IP's to use, but some are
reserved for certain things: network address, broadcast address, and
router address - and 5 left over for my PC's (i presume anyway).

Now, I don't understand what to do with these ip's - what goes where?
Could anyone give me a push in the right direction to get this thing up
and running?

Thanks in advance!

Dave Smith