[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall and packages.
 Date:  Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:16:21 -0400
On 8/17/05, Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 17.08.2005, 10:36 +0800 schrieb marten:
> > -->>My question is "Can add ntop plugin in to m0n0wall? If yes ,how to do?".
> No it can't (out of the box).

Yeah, not easily.  ntop is a pig anyway, don't expect it to run on any
embedded device well, or for long.

> > Because m0n0wall not have a good reporting tool resemblance "ntop".
> > "ntop" it help network manager many to know users do what and use how much
> > bandwithd.
> You know why a firewall is called a security device?

ooh, ooh, can I guess?  ;)  Certainly not because people love to add
every last feature and piece of bloat to them that they possibly can.

ntop is best suited to a system on your LAN on a span port.

-Chris