[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joachim Bloche <joachim dot bloche at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal and Session-Timeout
 Date:  Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:03:03 +0200
Hi Jonathan,

I'm working on a proof of concept using Captive-portal as a radius
client for centralized access control.

The problem I'm encoutering is exactly the same as Emmanuel described
: Captive-portal ignores session-timeout and other radius attributes.

I'm glad to learn you are working on it, this will be very useful. The
bad news is, I don't have much time to finish and show my proof of
concept to my boss. Do you have any idea about when you'll have
something usable ? I understand you can't make it on demand, and if
you are not to do it within the next weeks, I'd be glad if you gave me
a few hints about what to do, and to share my work with you when it's
done.

Thank you by advance for any help.

Regards,

Joachim

 To:  "David Cook" <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>, <david dot
cook at jetpress dot com>
 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 Date:  Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:16:47 +0200

I've been working on this when I had the time. But it isn't finished yet
(time issue)

I don't use the session-timeout attribute since in certain cases its not
a parameter in seconds but remaining volume in KB) but it will be
possible to use after i've done the coding.

Jonathan