[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniele Guazzoni <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: AW: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall / span port
 Date:  Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:58:26 +0200
Put an additional port, connect your IDS and bridge it to WAN...
But as chris already said, use a switch instead and you will have a lot
less problems !

Daniele

Sebastian Lemke wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>>Is there a possibility to set up a span port in m0n0 wall ?
>>>

>>No, that's the job of a switch.
>

> Any change to add this directly to m0n0 ?
>
> I am using m0n0 on the WAN side with PPPoE,
> internal with 7 network cards, each with an own ip range
> and with an NAT-access to WAN.
>
> So - if I want to install an IDS I have to install 7 IDS ?
> One for each network card ? Or can I inspect the PPPoE
> packets (I believe not ?) ?
>
> It would be usefull to install card 8 on which the traffic is inspected.
>
> Would this technically be possible on the used FreeBSD system ?
>
> Thanks,
> Sebastian

	best regards

Daniele Guazzoni
Senior Network Engineer, CCNA, CCNP

Ackersteinstrasse 203
CH-8049 Zurich
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice;
it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
					William Jennings Bryan