[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Daniel Heise <daniel dot heise at dhml dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Can't access my briding adsl modem
 Date:  Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:39:40 +0200
Hi Daniel,

finally I've found, why it doesn't work for your configuration, but for
mine it was ok. The answer is dyndns.

Am Mittwoch, den 17.08.2005, 18:51 +0200 schrieb Peter Allgeyer:
> I'll edit the documentation on:
> http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=AccessingModemOutsideFirewall

Ok, done that. There are points (still) not mentioned there:

     1. <shellcmd>...</shellcmd> doesn't work, if DynDNS is in use
        (because after updating DynDNS, the filter and nat rules are
        regenerated)
     2. Everytime, a filter or nat rule is edited through the GUI, it's
        necessary to manually reload the rules for accessing the outside
        DSL modem :-((

Works as designed, but I'm not really happy with that.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     "It's God. No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0   Torvalds, but God." (By Matt Welsh)