[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  =?WINDOWS-1252?B?lSCV?= <googl3meister at gmail dot com>
 To:  Matt Towers <matt at mountainpilot dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] gif tunneling
 Date:  Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:51:12 +1000
On 8/13/05, Matt Towers <matt at mountainpilot dot net> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I've been using m0n0wall for a little over a year now to run my node for
> my seattlewireless.net node and am trying to set up some tunneling with
> other nodes.  I've looked at IPSec tunneling, but the preferred method of
> tunneling for them is GIF.  Does anyone know if there's a way to set up a
> plain ol' GIF tunnel with m0n0?
> Thanks!
> -Matt
> www.centraldistrict.net

Looking here at the freebsd man page for the gif device, it indicates
that the gifconfig command is required for 4.10-based m0n0's and
ifconfig for 5.x based systems.

I was able to:
ifconfig gif0 create
ifconfig gif0 tunnel src.IP.address.A dst.IP.address.B

and get this from ifconfig afterwards....
gif0: flags=8050<POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
	tunnel inet -->