[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sebastian Lemke" <s dot lemke at infoworxx dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall / span port
 Date:  Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:32:20 +0200
Hi,

> > Is there a possibility to set up a span port in m0n0 wall ?
> >

> No, that's the job of a switch.

Any change to add this directly to m0n0 ?

I am using m0n0 on the WAN side with PPPoE,
internal with 7 network cards, each with an own ip range
and with an NAT-access to WAN.

So - if I want to install an IDS I have to install 7 IDS ?
One for each network card ? Or can I inspect the PPPoE
packets (I believe not ?) ?

It would be usefull to install card 8 on which the traffic is inspected.

Would this technically be possible on the used FreeBSD system ?

Thanks,
Sebastian