[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ben Z" <b underscore zarboni at rogers dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Broadcom Clients
 Date:  Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:03:46 -0400
Hi all;

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this behaviour: I have been using m0n0wall 1.11 as an AP
with Captive Portal. Recently, I had a few complaints from people who have integrated wireless in
their laptops (namely newer Acer and Dell laptops, and a PDA client) all of which are Broadcom-based
and the laptops are Windows XP SP2 with the latest drivers.

The symptoms are that the clients can see SSID and try to connect, but never get associated to the
AP. This happens with both WEP on and off on Soekris 4501s with PCMCIA card. I have tried an iBook
(with the Broadcom chip in it) and it connects fine...

Has anybody else seen this before?? Any solution? :P

Ben Z