[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jan Kristoffer Appel <jan dot appel at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  DNS issue using PPPoE
 Date:  Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:02:24 +0200
Hi,

I'm on an ADSL line using PPPoE. Today I hooked up a m0n0wall- router
for testing purposes. Though it connected fine (and properly updated
its own DNS server list with the ones supplied by my ISP via DHCP), it
failed to act as an DNS server for the clients (they use static IP,
DHCP was disabled), but I was able to resolve and ping a host via the
WebGUI (and, using the so resolved IP adress, I could connect to that
host from the clients with no problems). Could anyone please point me
in the right direction, as I'm unable to see what's wrong with my
config myself?

Thanks in advance,
Jan

PS: If it's any help, I can post the config.xml I'm using.

--
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many
electrons were terribly inconvenienced.