[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Webserver behind m0n0wall really have a hard time to access.
 Date:  Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:44:02 -0400
On 8/18/05, Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com> wrote:

> I can't access my website (host internally through m0n0wall.)
>
> I.  My original setup (working)
>
> WAN --- AP/Router ---- Router
>              |                       |
>            WLAN    WEBSERVER and wired PCs

so...  what is AP/Router?  The Linksys you speak of?  And why is there
another router behind that, and what is it?

> AP is has local 192.168.100.1 serving DHCP for WLAN

It'll need to be bridged to a port on m0n0wall for captive portal to
work, unless you're using 1.2b9.  In any case, I'd still bridge it
over to another interface on m0n0wall because that makes things less
complicated.

<snip the rest>

this whole setup is a disaster, an absolute mess.  There's no good
reason to have all this messy NAT'ing and routing.  Here's what you
should do.  m0n0wall with 3 interfaces, one WAN, one LAN, one OPT for
the AP.  Bridge the AP over to the OPT interface.  Setup DHCP on the
LAN and OPT interfaces.  Setup captive portal on the OPT interface.
Use inbound NAT to open 80 to your web server.

-Chris