[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Cook" <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal and Session-Timeout
 Date:  Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:09:24 +0100
<snip>

> So far authorization is made correctly, but Captive Portal doesn't
> seem to take in account the Session-Timeout attribute in the radreply
> message. More precisely, if freeradius sends back an access accept
> (authorization) with session timeout set to 20 minutes, the user is
> connected (that's ok), but is not deconnected after 20 minutes (which
> is not ok).
>
> Do you have any idea about how to achieve user deconnection based on
> session-timeout radius attribute ?

<snip>

I would be interested about this as well.

Not having educated myself fully with RADIUS and the most recent
m0n0wall beta, I assumed that m0n0wall would need to re-authenticate the
portal user via RADIUS every minute until authentication failed.

Regards

David Cook

JP Computer Services
JET PRESS Limited
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HWUK

Web:   www.jpcompserv.co.uk
Tel:   0845 083 3070
Fax:   0845 083 3071

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential. The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JP Computer Services.