[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex Neuman van der Hans" <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] VPN wierdness
 Date:  Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:52:20 -0500
No default gateway set?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Kitchens [mailto:spider at webweaver dot com]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:10 PM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Subject: [m0n0wall] VPN wierdness

I have an ipsec vpn running between to Comcast cable connections and it
seems stable but I have one problem, the server that needs to be accessed is
at 192.168.1.20 with m0n0 LAN at 1.1 The other side of the network is m0n0
LAN 192.168.131.1
>From either of the two XP stations in that location or the m0n0 itself,
can ping 1.1 or any workstation on the remote site EXCEPT the legacy Unix
server at 192.168.1.20 !!
This is driving me nuts! Why would only one ip that I know is live and
pingable not respond when others do?