[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tim Roberts" <monowall at dsslink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  WAN + LAN + OPT1 Help Please!!!!
 Date:  Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:39:22 -0400
Howdee, I have the following layout:

WAN
Public IP

|------------------OPT1 - Public IP ------------Server Public IP

LAN
10.10.10.1

LAN Clients 10.10.10.0/24 & Private LAN server

I have filtering Bridge Checked, I have bridged WAN & OPT1 together - I have a default Allow
anything to anything from ALL 3 WAN,LAN & OPT rule sets (for testing purposes)

The issue:
People from the WAN can talk to the public Server.
People from the LAN can talk to the WAN & beyond
People from the WAN can talk through my 1:1 nat to an inside private server
The Public Server on OPT1 can talk to the WAN and beyond
People on the LAN CANNOT TALK to the Public Server on OPT1

I have played around by restricting rules coming in from the WAN to OPT1 and it works fine, the
filtering is working. I can also control the filtering and forwarding from the WAN to the LAN via
NAT just fine. Just weird the computers on the LAN cannot talk to the Public server but can talk
anything else.

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Tim