[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] unencrypted webGUI default password
 Date:  Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:57:54 -0400
On 8/19/05, Michal Bartkowiak <mailing at digital dot nonspace dot net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In all configuration files default password is encrypted, but how to get
> rid of unencrypted system password in /etc/rc.initial.password ?

why bother?  I'm sure it's there for reset to factory, or something
similar to that.  The only way to get that file is to either
physically steal the firewall, or have root access.  In either case,
the clear default password, which is far from a secret anyway, in
rc.initial.password is the least of your concerns.

-Chris