[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Me <d3javu1978 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DNS over IPsec Tunnel
 Date:  Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:14:03 -0700 (PDT)
I'm having problems trying to resolve internal DNS
over IPSec.
I'm running 1.11 off a CD and a Floppy for this
location.
I have my first DNS server 10.0.0.2 which is our
corporate DNS server
and My second server as my ISP's.
I am able to access all resources from the VPN tunnel.

I can even use nslookup in windows and dig (in
FreeBSD) to query the server but when I try to ping
our mail or file server by host name it resolves the
public IP and not the private IP.
I know this setup works because I have 35 other VPN
tunnels using zywall 2WEs which work fine when I
specify the first DNS server.

I have the DNS forwarder turned off. And I also have
the "Allow DNS server list to be overridden by
DHCP/PPP on WAN" turned off.

I have tryed with DNS forwarder off but no luck.

UMMM... i just found the answered....

well.... I typed this far so here is what i missed.

I forgot to add the domain name on the m0n0wall :)

now every thing resolves by host name.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs