[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Gordon <robert at bordem dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DHCP/ARP problem
 Date:  Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:21:33 GMT
23/12/2003 20:12

When I set the WAN interface to DHCP, the system log returns this:

Jan 1 20:55:15	/kernel: arplookup 212.159.108.38 failed: host is
not on
local network	 Jan 1 20:55:15	/kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate
llinfo for 212.159.108.38rt

The WAN interface *HAS* to be assigned by DHCP, even though I have a
static Internet IP. (It's from a rubbish ADSL router set to half-bridge
mode). I have never had any problems in Windows or Linux (It's been
working like that with Smoothwall, and is working right now to a
Windows machine), but this is my first experience of a BSD system.

Any help or suggestions on this would be most appreciated.

Robert Gordon
Bordem.NET Administrator
http://www.bordem.net/