[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall + net4501 keeps rebooting
 Date:  Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:31:11 +0100
On 23.12.2003, at 17:28, Michael Iedema wrote:

> I am experiencing this same problem with my 4511.  I have a wireless
> ipsec link in between two houses and haven't been able to transfer
> anything "out" of my house without the box rebooting.  I can transfer
> in
> with no trouble.

I have never ever seen net45xxs reboot for no apparent reason (and I do
have several of them! ;), but I use pretty strong power supplies
(mostly those 18.5 VDC/2.7 A switchmode notebook PSUs). Maybe your
power supply is too weak as well (receiving is OK but transmitting at
high rates makes the voltage drop too much)? Could be a firmware
problem with the wireless card too, although then you'd probably see
wi_timeout errors instead.

In any case, this is almost definitely no m0n0wall issue. There is the
chance that it might be a FreeBSD issue, but I don't believe that. And
yes, I've been running m0n0wall on net45xx's at max throughput (to find
out what that max actually is), too.

Still, you might want to kill watchdogd and try again just to see if
it's the watchdog that is resetting the CPU.

> The box comes inside this week (as soon as the snow melts off of my
> roof) and then maybe I can give you more information.

Maybe it simply doesn't like the weather/temperatures. ;)

- Manuel