[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Justin Albstmeijer" <justin at VLAMea dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall + net4501 keeps rebooting
 Date:  Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:39:25 +0100 (CET)
> I have never ever seen net45xxs reboot for no apparent reason (and I do
> have several of them! ;), but I use pretty strong power supplies
> (mostly those 18.5 VDC/2.7 A switchmode notebook PSUs). Maybe your
> power supply is too weak as well (receiving is OK but transmitting at
> high rates makes the voltage drop too much)? Could be a firmware
> problem with the wireless card too, although then you'd probably see
> wi_timeout errors instead.

Ok maybe I should try a 18-10VDC power supply too instead of the one
supplied by soekris (12VDC/1.25A).

I have 3 soekris 4501 devices, all having the same reboot problem.
I do not use any wireless cards my self.

> Still, you might want to kill watchdogd and try again just to see if
> it's the watchdog that is resetting the CPU.

How to do that? I only know the serial interface and the exec.php option..
no real shell access.