[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rob Tucker" <rtucker at decalmods dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  all I want for Christmas is to know why I'm an idiot
 Date:  Thu, 25 Dec 2003 20:56:20 -0500
For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to setup a development
environment for the soekris net 4801 to no avail.

It gets its dhcp address from the server as well as loads the kernel.
I have configured pxeboot correctly as far as I can tell.
The problem arrises when it loads the root file system. I know that it
finds it correctly because if i change the name of it to something
different from what is in the loader.conf files it complains about
needing to mount it.

The error that I recieve says that m0n0wall cannot find the
configuration file.

I have tried creating the rootfs from both the flash image for the
4801 which works fine when flashed to a flash card and installed into
the machine as well as from the generic rootfs that can be downloaded
from m0n0.ch.

It seems as though it is still trying to find the config.xml file on
ad0 or ad1. Is there a bios setting that I am missing?

Do I need to change a configuration file in the rootfs in the
mfsroot.bin image to reflect to the location of the config.xml file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am anxious to start
developing for m0n0wall. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.