[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Robert Gordon <robert at bordem dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] web GUI upload problem
 Date:  Fri, 26 Dec 2003 11:49:18 +0100
On 25.12.2003, at 00:42, Robert Gordon wrote:

> fussed about that as I use opera and it looks fine in that. However,
> what I do see a problem is when there is a serious compatability issue
> which actually breaks m0n0wall. If I upload a config XML file with
> opera, it somehow breaks the config so m0n0wall says before the console
> menu that it couldn't find m0n0wall in the config.xml. The tags

Sorry, I can't reproduce that problem here. I tried both with Opera
6.03 for Mac OS X and Opera 7.23 for Windows. No problems whatsoever
backing up the configuration, making changes with a text editor and
then restoring it again. It is certainly a bit strange that Opera won't
respect the "Content-Disposition: attachment" header and ask the user
to save the file to the disk, but instead try to display the XML on its
own, but you can still use File -> Save as... to save the config.xml
file without losing anything. So I conclude that there is probably
nothing wrong in m0n0wall concerning this issue, and as such nothing to
be fixed.

- Manuel