[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Here's Jonny <jonnysixgun at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  I like my hair! ( port forwarding )
 Date:  Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:22:37 -0800 (PST)
Iíve been playing with monowall for just over a weak or so now and as of yet I still canít get any
port forwarding to work no matter what I try.

Iíve searched the postings and found that I am not alone but while the same questions keep being
asked, the answer seems nowhere in sight.

Iíve all but pulled my hair out over this because Iím a proud man who doesnít accept defeat easily
and I loath asking for help, especially since I know once I see the answer Iím gonna feel silly.

As one poster put it ďIím nearly ready to start shaking violently in a cornerĒ.

In spite of my frustration Iím still smiling and I know Iíll get threw this but a little humor
helps.

I donít see why we canít have a few basic ďhow toĒ manuals for simple configurations.

If linksys can make this work with almost no effort it shouldnít be that hard here either should it.

The basics are as followsÖÖ

Wan                       =            206.9.217.xxx

Lan                        =            92.168.1.10

Web Server           =            192.168.1.90  site 1            = port 80

                                                                   site 2            = port 100

Hope you all had a great Christmas.

Jonathan.