[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Here's Jonny <jonnysixgun at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] I like my hair! ( port forwarding )
 Date:  Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:42:43 +0100
On 26.12.2003, at 18:22, Here's Jonny wrote:

> configurations.

I suppose we better document the non-straightforward stuff first.
Adding NAT and filter rules definitely doesn't count for
non-straightforward.

> that hard here either should it.

If you got it working with a Linksys, then I don't see why you should
have any problems doing the same with m0n0wall.

> The basics are as follows
>
> Wan                       =            206.9.217.xxx
> Lan                        =            92.168.1.10
> Web Server           =            192.168.1.90  site 1            =
> port 80
>
> site 2            = port 100
>
> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Access the webGUI, click Firewall -> NAT, click the plus button to add
a new rule, enter 80 in all of the three port number fields (or just
choose HTTP from the menu), enter 192.168.1.90 as the "NAT IP", check
the "Auto-add a firewall rule..." checkbox, click Save, repeat these
steps with 100 for the port number, click Apply changes, and arrange
for a visit at your hairdresser's to get your hair fixed. :) It doesn't
get more simple than that! Just remember that you cannot access your
web server with its public IP address from LAN - the reasons for that
have been discussed about a dozen times before on this list.

HTH,

Manuel