[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "M. G. (Michael) de Bruin" <mg dot debruin at buum dot nl>
 To:  Here's Jonny <jonnysixgun at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] I like my hair! ( port forwarding )
 Date:  Fri, 26 Dec 2003 23:53:07 +0100
Here's Jonny wrote:
> Iíve been playing with monowall for just over a weak or so now and as of yet I still canít get any
port forwarding to work no matter what I try.

> Iíve searched the postings and found that I am not alone but while the same questions keep being
asked, the answer seems nowhere in sight.

> Iíve all but pulled my hair out over this because Iím a proud man who doesnít accept defeat easily
and I loath asking for help, especially since I know once I see the answer Iím gonna feel silly.

> As one poster put it ďIím nearly ready to start shaking violently in a cornerĒ.
>
> In spite of my frustration Iím still smiling and I know Iíll get threw this but a little humor
helps.

> I donít see why we canít have a few basic ďhow toĒ manuals for simple configurations.
>
> If linksys can make this work with almost no effort it shouldnít be that hard here either should
it.

> The basics are as followsÖÖ
>

> Wan                       =            206.9.217.xxx
>
> Lan                        =            92.168.1.10
Maybe just a typo, but this should of course read 192.168.1.10. Just to
make sure the fault isn't in a simple config typo. Would make your
hairdresser happy though ;)