[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "g.walters" <g dot walters at dslextreme dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Can't seem to find a WiFi card that works
 Date:  Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:21:22 +0100
On 27.12.2003, at 09:56, g.walters wrote:

> I can't seem to find a PCMCIA or PCI card that works. I have tried a
> D-Link DWL-650 Rev M1, but I get a 'couldn't reset prism 2.5 core'
> error.

There are so many revisions of the DWL-650 with different chipsets. The
M1 revision has a Realtek chipset, which is unfortunately not supported
by FreeBSD (yet).

> Tried a D-Link
> DWL-520 Rev E1 and Linksys WPC11 Ver 4 but they aren't even
> recognized. I

DWL-520 E1 should actually have a PRISM chipset, but I can tell from
Googling around a bit that something must be strange about this card as
other people seem to have problems with it under Linux too. The WPC11
Ver. 4 has the dreaded Realtek chipset as well, so that's why it
doesn't work. :(

> tried a
> borrowed Cisco AIR-PCM352 and that did work so I know the hardware is
> ok. I
> am running it on a P1 233 MMX booting from a HD.
>
> Any ideas?

Get some Senao card, e.g. from www.netgate.com. Those are decent cards
and known to work with FreeBSD/m0n0wall.

HTH,

Manuel