[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "M. G. (Michael) de Bruin" <mg dot debruin at buum dot nl>
 To:  Angeles los <losangelesok at yahoo dot com dot cn>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to change listen port of mini_httpd in m0n0 wall?
 Date:  Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:32:28 +0100
Angeles los wrote:

> For now,m0n0 wall set mini_httpd listen port to 80 or 443 ,the default http/https listen port.Some
times,we have to set up ipfilter rules such as rdr on $EXT_NIC $EXT_ADDR/32 port 443 ->
$INTERNAL_SERVER port 443 tcp ,for SSl Web server in LAN,so,we will not access the m0n0 wall web
ADMIN GUI from outside(Internet).
> So I want to know how to change listen port of mini_httpd in m0n0 wall.thanks for all.

> http://mail.yahoo.com
If you mount the mfsroot.tgz, in the directory /etc/inc you can change
the parameters mini_httpd is called with. The parameter -p assigns a
port. For info on how to change this, you could also see the m0n0wall
Hackers Guide (http://m0n0.ch/wall/hack/).

Short, it comes down to this:
- Unzip the m0n0wall image
mv generic-pc-pb22r566.img generic-pc-pb22r566.img.gz && gunzip
generic-pc-pb22r566.img
- Create a loopback filesystem
vnconfig -s labels -c vn0 generic-pc-pb22r566.img
- Mount the loopback fs
mount /dev/vn0c /mnt
- Copy the mfsroot.gz file out the filesystem and repeat the first three
steps for that file
- Copy the file back after you modified it
- Unmount everything and re-zip the image

Voila!