[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim McBeath <monowall at j dot jimmc dot org>
 To:  Rob Tucker <rtucker at decalmods dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] all I want for Christmas is to know why I'm an idiot
 Date:  Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:07:52 -0800
On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 08:56:20PM -0500, Rob Tucker wrote:
> For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to setup a development
> environment for the soekris net 4801 to no avail.
>
> It gets its dhcp address from the server as well as loads the kernel.

> The error that I recieve says that m0n0wall cannot find the
> configuration file.

Do you have a flash card in the Soekris when booting using pxe?  If so,
m0n0 will use the config file on the flash card.  For me, this has
been the easiest way to do development: I just leave the flash card in,
boot a new version using PXE, and it still loads my custom config file.
I can edit and rebuild new versions without having to stuff my custom
config into the development copy, and edit and save my config without
worrying about changing the development stuff.

--
Jim