[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Excessive Routes?
 Date:  Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:51:18 -0600
It's been hours since I was in a certain program that opened up many
connections, but status.php shows me more than 100 "MAP" and "RDR" for
those "dead" links.  Is this normal? Is there a way I could add a timer
that'd drop "dead" connections after a certain amount of time?

It seems that there is a connection with a high level of connections in
m0n0wall and my wireless ISP's bridged link "going out."

It'd definitely be great in my situation if m0n0wall could auto connect
a dial up line when the main WAN connection died, for the reason above.
(WISP dies quite often)

Add load balancing, and this'd be a great cisco replacement ($$$) :-)

Thanks for all your work,

Brandon Holland    ( <mailto:brandon at cookssaw dot com> Brandon at Cookssaw dot com)
Network Administrator
Cooks Saw MFG, LLC ( <http://www.cookssaw.com> www.CooksSaw.com)
    "Leading the bandsaw Industry
         by providing tomorrow's innovation today"
160 Ken Lane
Newton, AL 36352  (Click for map)
   Ph: 1-800-473-4804    [ (334) 692-5074 ]
   Fax: (334) 692-3704