[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_P=E5lsson?= <bjorn at networksab dot com>
 To:  "Pascal Watteel" <pascal dot watteel at ces dot be>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Vlan tagging
 Date:  Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:23:21 +0100
Adding a virtual interface is not a hard task if you know where to insert
the code. I have this on my box but it only allows one alias on the lan
interface. Adding a system with web-GUI addable multiple virtual interfaces
is tought and requires a lot of hacking. What would be better is to have a
feature like the rc.local where you can simply toss in the ifconfig command:

ifconfig sis0 alias 10.0.0.1/24
ifconfig sis0 alias 10.0.0.2/24