[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Fabrizio Fioravanti" <fabrizio dot fioravanti at finsystem dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  R: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall + net4501 keeps rebooting
 Date:  Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:58:59 +0100
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/net45xx-pb22r566-POLLING.img
>
> Not sure if it helps those with wireless cards though (the wi driver
> doesn't support polling).
>
> - Manuel

I'm testing the new image (with polling) with a 4511 and with an IXIA400. I
performed the same tests with the image with no polling in order to verify
if the reboot problem disappear and if the performance are the same; results
follows:

- REBOOT
Also with a 100Mb UDP flood at 64 bytes per frame the problem is
disappeared.

- PERFORMANCES
Performances are lower, but with no reboot the result is excellent:
Bytes per frame	Througput
64			1.65 Mb/s
128			2.85 Mb/s
256			5.17 Mb/s
512			9.38 Mb/s
1024			17.27 Mb/s
1280			20.95 Mb/s
1518			24.10 Mb/s

The Max throughput with interrupt was about 30 Mb/s, but at 31 Mb/s UDP
flood ... reboot

In conclusion, I think that it is better to keep watchdog on and to use
polling, at least in all cases in which wi is not needed). I suggest to keep
alive two different distributions with and without polling.

- Fabrizio