[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Fabrizio Fioravanti" <fabrizio dot fioravanti at finsystem dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Net45xx image without watchdog
 Date:  Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:42:42 +0100 (CET)
Fabrizio Fioravanti said:
> Regarding the reboot problem, is it possible to have an image without
> watchdog for net45xx. At least the kernel is needed, since it is not
> obviously enough to kill the watchdogd process. I have found no sysctl to
> disable hardware watchdog and no possibility to exclude it from comBios.

It obviously is enough to kill watchdogd (although I'll probably remove
support for it from the kernel as well) unless your hardware is somehow
broken and the watchdog cannot be disabled once it has been enabled (works
fine for me though), and as I said, the next release will have watchdogd
removed. Period.

- Manuel