[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx at webweaving dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Net45xx image without watchdog
 Date:  Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:59:33 +0100
On 30.12.2003, at 18:45, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> Yes, thanks for the question - but the answer is no; if the _HARDWARE_

What question? Can't remember asking you one.

>> No the code does an
>>
>> 	signal-handler
>> 		disable-watchdog
>> 		exit
>> 	enable watchdog
>> 	while(1) {
>> 		kick wathdog
>> 		sleep ..
>> 	}
>>
>> so if you do not start it -> no watchdog. If you kill it normal, no
>> watchdog. A kill -9  is different of course.

Can't remember ever having said anything contrary to that either. :)
Apparently my memory doesn't serve me right anymore.

Anyway, I've had enough of this watchdog thing - it seems to cause
problems for some m0n0wall users that like to push their boxes at
maximum throughput for more than a few seconds, there's no clean
solution (yet), etc. My solution is to remove it from m0n0wall, and
that's what I'm going to do.

Greets,

Manuel