[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  Brandon Holland <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 Cc:  "'Mitch (WebCob)'" <mitch at webcob dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] windows built in "ident"...
 Date:  Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:44:35 -0800
I use a PERL application that mimics an IDENTd daemon.  I then forward
all identd requests to that unix server.  All my internal clients then
can access IRC and other identd based auth systems with no problems.
 And I don't risk much as the perl script simply replies with what I put
in a text file as the ident info, and not a compramizable component on a
windows box.