[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 with SSH access
 Date:  Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:05:30 -0400
On 8/21/05, Jared Patterson (DSL AK) <JaredP at datacom dot co dot nz> wrote:

> sounds like it has been done. What I'm wanting to know is, has anyone used the > images from his
website, or tested any of this out, and if so, does it all work
> correctly?

I know there are a number of people using them successfully.

> Also the image this guy has on his website, is it with generic-pc v1.11 or v 1.1?

I believe it's 1.1, as it hasn't been updated that I've seen in a long
time.  Only difference between 1.1 and 1.11 is a security fix in
ez-ipupdate, the dyndns client.  If you don't use dyndns, that update
isn't applicable.

> m0n0 with SSH access would be such a helpful improvement, especially for
> diagnostic reasons.

exec.php and status.php are sufficient for pretty much anything in a
production system.  If you're developing features, SSH could be a time
saver.

-Chris