[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thibodeau, Dale" <dthibode at uwc dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  WAN-side management
 Date:  Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:41:30 -0500
So far I've been unsuccessful trying to get monowall working with WAN
side management.  I've gone through the FAQ and the list archive and
nothing is working.

Here's a quick synopsis;
monowall version 1.2b9

WAN IP: 10.64.0.64 (our internal network)
LAN IP: 192.168.1.1

The first thing I did was enable HHTPS on the webgui.  I've tried every
combination of the firewall rule available, from targeting the exact
IP's to opening up the whole subnet and nothing will let work.  I've
also tried all combinations with the "block private networks" box
checked and unchecked.  I've tried it with the WAN IP dhcp'd and static.
Nothing.  The firewall logs show that it's blocking my correct IP from
XXX port to port 443, so I know I'm specifying the correct rule
information.

My only other thought is that our WAN side IP scheme uses 255.240.0.0 as
the subnet mask, which may be abnormal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

Dale Thibodeau
UW-Fox Valley     Network Administrator
Information & Instructional Technology
920-832-2719     dthibode at uwc dot edu <blocked::mailto:dthibode at uwc dot edu>