[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Feature request
 Date:  Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:27:40 +0100
> I have a m0n0wall firewall at a customers site which is in a
> regular tower PC, and he wants to eliminate the use of a hard
> drive in preference of running m0n0wall from the cdrom
> bootable image. In my opinion, this would be fine except for
> the fact that the configuration is stored on floppy.

Most of the routers we deploy to clients' premises are also mini-tower

you shop around), then use old 8mb and 16mb compact flash cards that come
free with cameras. Silent, reliable and doesn't have the GUI delay you refer
to with a floppy drive. Oh, not to mention that CD drives and floppies have
moving parts which are liable to fail.

Regards,

Chris