[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Batson" <abatson at twcny dot rr dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Question on how to tunnel IP address
 Date:  Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:28:18 -0400
Hello,

	I am trying to allow some friend(s) I know to connect to a computer
game I have. I know there IP address they are coming from and have add a
rule to allow then in but M0n0Wall keeps blocking them.

	What I did was create a rule on the WAN to allow the specific IP
address to pass though to the Private IP address of the PC I am playing the
game on.

	For example: Outside world IP address is "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd"
			 Private IP address of the PC I want to allow them
to connect to is "123.456.789.000".

	  So I create a WAN Rule as follows:

		Action: PASS
		Disabled: uncheck
		Interface: WAN
		Protocol: TCP/UDP
		Source - Type: Single
			Address: aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
		Source port range - from: any
					    to: any
		Destination - Type: Single
			     Address: 123.456.789.000
		Destination port range - from: any
						   to: any
		Fragments: uncheck
		Log:	Uncheck

	However, the firewall keeps blocking the IP Address. Is there any
way to tunnel a IP address from the outside world to the private IP address
behind the Firewall? I am a little confused here? If some one could give me
a example that they know works that would be of great help. Or is it not
possible to do this at all.

-Thanks for your help,
Dyslextic