[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  Andrew Batson <abatson at twcny dot rr dot com>
 Cc:  'Daniele Guazzoni' <daniele dot guazzoni at 81 dot 221 dot 12 dot 156>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Question on how to tunnel IP address
 Date:  Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:00:18 -0400
Andrew Batson wrote:

>Hello Daniele,
>

>>You will have to configure IPsec on m0n0wall to create tunnels.
>>Either your friends also have a m0n0wall and you can use
>>m0n0-m0n0 tunnels or they will have to install some VPN-Client.
>>
>>Look at the m0n0wall documentation and/or search the list to
>>find out how to configure IPsec.
>>
>>Did I answer your question ?
>>

>	Most not have stated my question correctly. What I would like to
>have happen is for my friends on the outside of the firewall to be tunneled
>(forward ?) to my PC. E.I. they connect to my Firewall public IP address and
>then the firewall routes the request to my PC.
>
>	I used to use the GNAT box from GTA and could setup a tunnel/forward
>such that when my friends what to play games, they could connect to the IP
>address of my Firewall (Public one) and the firewall would route request to
>my PC. All work great but since it run on a floppy disk only and I wanted
>one that work on a flash card, I came over to M0n0Wall some time ago. It is
>a great firewall, just need to figure out how to tunnel/forward/punch.
>
>	I hope my explanation is more understandable.
>
>Thanks for your help,
>Dyslextic

I think what you were seeing before is essentially the same
functionality that you see on the Linksys type consumer routers.  They
normally provide a DMZ capability to allow you to forward all input to a
specific machine.  I would highly recommend you not take that approach
however.  Find the ports required by your game, ( a search of the
company's support site or googling for playing xyz behind firewall will
probably get that info) then forward only those ports through your
firewall to the designated PC.