[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] which version ?
 Date:  Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:39:30 -0400
> Since I am looking for reliability,  which version do you advise me to install :
> - stable version ?
> - beta version (which number) ?

This all depends on your needs. You need to evaluate how critical the
network uptime needs to be. If this is a business environment, I would
consider stable first (1.11). If this is for home use, then take a
look at 1.2b9.

I am using 1.2b9 in business-production, but my environment doesn't
need all the additional features like captive portal. 1.2b9 has been
very reliable for me.

Reliability is a relative term. If all you are doing is inbound
filtering then 1.2b9 is very relieable.

If you are trying to setup VPN, IPSEC, Captive portal...etc, all the
experimental stuff, then stick with 1.11

Good luck

- Don