[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Matthew Norris-Jones" <mattnj at red dash data dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Pppoa - adsl modem bridge
 Date:  Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:14:33 +0100
Hi,

I have a broadband connection, pppoa (in the UK) with a single IP
address (either set or given with DHCP). I am hoping to use a DSL-504t
modem in bridge mode, am I right in sayiny that the DSL modem doesn't
get an ip address and the m0n0wall gets it? If so, what settings do I
use on the monowall.
If this is not possible, any other suggestions, I currently have the
DSL-504t doing NAT and then have the monowall on DMZ, but this somehow
seems a bit wrong!

Thanks

Matthew